Friday, September 26, 2014

Jalapeño Crack Dip

Jalapeno Crack Dip.jpg


 Here’s what I know...jalapeños are good. Dip is good. Jalapeño dip is awesome. Let me just tell you how much I love this dip. I could eat the whole bowl myself. I think about this dip the moment my husband pries it from my hands I practice the art of self control and put the remainder of what I haven’t gorged myself on in the fridge until the next morning when it’s a reasonable hour to eat dip (something tells me it’s not appropriate to eat dip for breakfast).
 A few years ago, my hubby and I decided to try growing jalapeños in our garden. If you’ve ever had a garden, you know what it’s like to end up with an over abundance of a particular type of vegetable (zucchini growers say amen) which will leave you scouring the internet for hours to find a recipe for this specific ingredient. I tried jalapeño poppers, which were tasty, but a lot of work. I have two little ones that are 18 months apart. Ain’t nobody got time for that. After modifying and combining a few recipes, I came up with this fabulously addicting dip. I’m sorry. Youre welcome.


Ingredients

1 8oz. block of cream cheese at room temperature (I use reduced fat/neufchatel and it turns out just as tasty)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese with extra for sprinkling (or cheese blend you prefer)
¼ cup sour cream
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup roasted jalapeños
pepper to taste


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and sour cream. Beat until smooth.
  3. Add in roasted jalapeños then cheese mixing one at a time.
  4. Scrape into small bowl and sprinkle cheese on top.
  5. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted.
  6. Indulge!

No comments:

Post a Comment