Thursday, September 11, 2014

Honey Mustard Mayo

Do you struggle with what to feed party guests as much as I do? Pizza is such a popular party food, but not always the healthiest choice. I was faced with this dilemma and decided to get sandwiches from Costco. Boy, am I glad I did. They come on lovely croissants and are pre-cut, so the kiddos can have half and they adults can grab more if they want. The thing that I really loved about their platter is that it came with two small containers of spreads you can put on your sandwich. One was a chipotle-type spread and the other, a honey mustard mayonnaise. I tell you, once it dawned on me that I can make the honey mustard mayo myself, I haven’t put anything else on my sandwiches since then! It’s the easiest, quickest tastiest condiment I’ve made. Sure, you can go to the store and pick up a bottle, but you can’t really customize that to your taste buds and you can make your own with real mustard, real honey and real mayonnaise. I suppose you could try and make your own mayo if you want, but I just don’t have that kind of faith in myself time. I put this stuff on every sandwich, but you could probably get really creative and try it on baked chicken or something. You only need three ingredients:

Honey-mustard mayo.JPG

Ingredients
½ cup Mayonnaise (light, if you prefer)
1 Tbs Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Tbs Honey


Directions
1. Let’s face the facts, you don’t really need directions for this, but if you do, proceed to #2
2. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Adjust mustard and honey according to your preference. Store in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment